Our Credit Cards
- Why Capital One?
- View All Credit Cards
- Why Capital One?
- Contact Us
- Starting early July 2016, your mail delivery may be interrupted by a possible postal strike. Your minimum payment is still required by the due date even if you don’t receive a statement in the mail. You may want to consider alternate methods to access your account info and statement. Sign up / sign in to Online Banking or visit our Contact Us page – we’re here to help.
Guaranteed Secured MasterCard®
Take Control and Build Your Credit with Responsible Use.
RATINGS & REVIEWS
This card is for people who are building or rebuilding their credit.
Annual Interest Rates
19.8% on purchases, balance transfers and cash advances.
$300 to $2,500, depending on your credit history. For a higher credit limit, simply send in more security funds and we'll increase your limit by the same amount - up to a $2,500 credit limit.
Required Security Funds
$75 to $300 will be required as collateral, though your credit limit may be more. If you ever decide to close your account, we'll return the security funds once your balance is paid in full.
Credit Bureau Reporting
Unlike prepaid cards, we report credit card activity to credit bureaus monthly. This lets you build better credit with responsible use.
Accepted in over 35 million locations, wherever you see the MasterCard logo.
You're guaranteed to be
approved as long as you:
- Are at least the age of majority in your province or territory of residence;
- Haven't applied for a Capital One account more than once in the last 30 days or had a Capital One account that was not in good standing in the last year;
- Don't have an existing Capital One account or a pending application for one, and
- Provide the necessary security funds.
How to build credit with a Secured MasterCard:
Complete and submit your application for a Capital One Secured MasterCard.
Once your application is approved, you'll be notified of the security deposit amount required for your account.
Provide your security funds by cheque, money order or through online banking.
Use your card responsibly to help build better credit.
Capital One® credit cards
come with these features:
Set account alerts and we'll remind you about things like payment due dates or when you're getting close to your credit limit.
When Second Look identifies a charge on your account that looks like it might be a mistake – like a duplicate charge or an increase in a recurrent subscription charge – we'll send you an email.
24/7 Customer Service
Get 24/7 access to customer service on your phone or online.
If you're worried about unauthorized charges being made to your account, relax. As a Capital One cardholder, you're protected. We provide Zero Liability for unauthorized use of your card. That means you won't pay for any unauthorized purchases on your card.
MasterCard Global Service™
Provides emergency card replacement, emergency cash advance, 24/7 telephone access and referral to the closest ABM.
It's fast and safe to apply!
Ratings and Reviews
Content is not available at this time, please try again later. Sorry for the inconvenience.