Our Credit Cards
- Why Capital One?
- View All Credit Cards
- Why Capital One?
- Contact Us
- Sign In
Guaranteed Secured MasterCard®
ANNUAL INTEREST RATES
- Balance Transfer
- Cash Advance
RATINGS & REVIEWS
Establish your credit history with a Capital One® Secured MasterCard – even if you've had credit problems in the past!
- Guaranteed credit card approval to help you establish a credit history
- Credit limit of $300 or more
- Security funds required (either $75 or $300) – what are security funds?
- If you ever decide to close your account and you’ve paid your balance in full, your security funds are fully returned to you
- MasterCard benefits, including Zero Liability
- 24/7 customer service
We believe everyone deserves access to credit.
Credit cards are pretty much required these days – for renting cars, reserving hotel rooms, paying for gas and making Internet purchases. And, a credit history is something we all need in life. Whether you’re looking down the road to book a vacation or even planning to buy a new car or condo, a strong credit history can make things a lot easier. A Secured card will help get you started on that road. Just use your card and be sure to make your payments on time, and watch your credit history grow.
You’re guaranteed to be approved – as long as you:
- Are at least the age of majority in your province or territory of residence;
- Don’t have an existing Capital One account or a pending application for one;
- Haven’t applied for a Capital One account more than once in the last 30 days or had a Capital One account that was not in good standing in the last year; and
- Provide security funds, if you’re approved for a Secured MasterCard. What are security funds?
It takes credit to build credit.
Using a credit card responsibly can help you improve your credit history. Here’s how:
- As you use your credit card and make monthly payments, we report your payment history to the credit bureaus every month
- A consistent and on-time payment history helps establish and repair your credit history
Just make sure you make at least your minimum monthly payment on time each month. This will keep your account in good standing and help strengthen your credit history.
Want to learn more about credit?
We’ve got a handy site filled with useful tips to help you stay on top of your credit. Visit www.understanding-credit.ca to learn more about what you can do to build a better credit history … starting today!
If you’re worried about unauthorized charges being made to your account, relax. As a Capital One® cardholder, you’re protected. We provide Zero Liability for unauthorized use of your card. That means you won’t pay for any unauthorized purchases on your card. We also monitor your account regularly for fraudulent activity.
MasterCard Global Service™
Provides emergency card replacement, emergency cash advance, 24/7 telephone access and referral to the closest ABM.
24/7 Customer Service
We're here for you 24/7. Customer service representatives are only a phone call away and are available to answer your questions around the clock.
Ratings & Reviews
Content is not available at this time, please try again later. Sorry for the inconvenience.
This forum is designed for Capital One cardholders to rate their experiences with products and services offered by Capital One and its affiliated companies. Products or service requirements, price, and features can depend on cardholder choices as well as the applicable laws and the specific product or service contracts of the cardholder, which may vary by jurisdiction and the date on which they obtained their card. Some product ratings and reviews may be obtained from customers with different versions of the product displayed above. Capital One does not guarantee the accuracy of cardholder posts and no review represents the opinion of Capital One or financial advice. Reviews must comply with our Terms and Conditions.
MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
In addition, we have a number of checkpoints to ensure your identity stays safe during the application process. If we're unable to confirm your identity during the application process, you'll need to go into a Canada Post outlet and provide further identification.