Our Credit Cards
- Why Capital One?
- View All Credit Cards
- Why Capital One?
- Contact Us
- Sign In
Right for you if:
- Your Credit Needs Improvement
- You've had credit troubles in the past – even bankruptcy
ANNUAL INTEREST RATES
- Balance Transfer
- Cash Advance
RATINGS & REVIEWS
Establish or repair your credit with a Guaranteed MasterCard from Capital One®.
- Guaranteed credit card approval, even if you’ve had credit problems in the past
- The opportunity to establish or repair your credit
- Based on your credit history, we may offer you a Secured card which requires security funds (between $75 and $300) – what are security funds?
- MasterCard benefits, including Zero Liability
- 24/7 customer service
We’ll approve you for a Gold or Secured card, based on your credit history. Either way, you’ll get the same rate and chance to improve your credit.
If you’re approved for a Gold MasterCard that means:
- Your card comes with Gold MasterCard benefits You don't need to provide security funds
If you're approved for a Secured MasterCard that means:
- Your card comes with Standard MasterCard benefits You’ll need to provide security funds through your bank’s online banking site or by cheque/money order (between $75 and $300 – we’ll tell you the amount after you’ve applied)
- You’ll get the same rate and annual fee as the Gold card
- Your security funds are fully refunded if you ever decide to close your account and your balance is paid in full
You’re guaranteed to be approved – as long as you:
- Are at least the age of majority in your province or territory of residence;
- Don’t have an existing Capital One account or a pending application for one;
- Haven’t applied for a Capital One account more than once in the last 30 days or had a Capital One account that was not in good standing in the last year; and
- Provide security funds, if you’re approved for a Secured MasterCard. What are security funds?
It takes credit to build credit.
Using a credit card responsibly can help you improve your credit history. Here’s how:
- As you use your credit card and make monthly payments, we report your payment history to the credit bureaus every month
- A consistent and on-time payment history helps establish and repair your credit history
Just make sure you make at least your minimum monthly payment on time each month. This will keep your account in good standing and help strengthen your credit history.
Want to learn more about credit?
We’ve got a handy site filled with useful tips to help you stay on top of your credit. Visit www.understanding-credit.ca to learn more about what you can do to build a better credit history … starting today!
Both the Gold and Secured cards come with Standard MasterCard benefits:
MasterCard Global Service™
Provides emergency card replacement, emergency cash advance, 24/7 telephone access and referral to the closest ABM.
If you’re worried about unauthorized charges being made to your account, relax. As a Capital One® cardholder, you’re protected. We provide Zero Liability for unauthorized use of your card. That means you won’t pay for any unauthorized purchases on your card. We also monitor your account regularly for fraudulent activity.
24/7 Customer Service
We’re here for you 24/7. Customer service representatives are only a phone call away and are available to answer your questions around the clock.
If you’re approved for the Gold MasterCard, you’ll also get:
Everyday Gold Benefits
Price Protection Service
When you use your Capital One credit card to buy a new item in Canada that is offered for sale at a lower price within 60 days of purchase, Price Protection Service pays you the difference up to $100 per item and $500 per calendar year.
Most personal items purchased are automatically insured against theft, loss or damage anywhere in the world for 120 days from the date of purchase when the full cost of the item is charged to your Capital One credit card. Covered items will be replaced or repaired or the purchase price will be reimbursed at the insurance company's discretion.
When you use your Capital One credit card to purchase most personal items (and the full cost of the item is charged to your card), Extended Warranty coverage automatically doubles the original manufacturer's warranty for up to two years.
Gold Travel Benefits
Travel Accident Insurance
Receive up to $250,000 automatic travel insurance coverage for you, your spouse and your dependent children when you charge the full cost of your common carrier tickets to your Capital One credit card.
Car Rental Collision/Loss Damage Waiver
Charge the full cost of your car rental to your Capital One credit card and decline the collision damage waiver insurance offered by the rental agency (you could save $20-$30 per day) and you'll be insured if your rental car is damaged or stolen when you rent the car for a period of up to 31 days.
If your checked baggage is delayed for more than four hours at your away-from-home destination, you may be eligible for reimbursement of up to $100 per day for up to three days to purchase essential items. Simply charge the full cost of your tickets to your Capital One credit card.
Provides 24/7 assistance for medical referrals, emergency cash transfers, lost documents and ticket replacements, lost luggage assistance and legal referrals when travelling outside your province of residence. Any costs incurred in connection with these services are charged to your Capital One credit card.
Download the Gold MasterCard Benefits Certificates of Insurance (4.10mb PDF)
Requires the latest version of Adobe Reader®
Ratings & Reviews
Content is not available at this time, please try again later. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Purchase Assurance, Extended Warranty, Car Rental Collision/Loss Damage Waiver and Baggage Delay insurance are underwritten by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida (ABIC), while Price Protection Service is a service provided by ABIC. Travel Accident insurance is underwritten by American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida. Details of the coverage, including definitions, benefits, limitations, and exclusions, are in the Certificate of Insurance provided with the card. Read the Certificate of Insurance then keep it in a safe place with your other valuable documents, and take it with you when you travel.
This forum is designed for Capital One cardholders to rate their experiences with products and services offered by Capital One and its affiliated companies. Products or service requirements, price, and features can depend on cardholder choices as well as the applicable laws and the specific product or service contracts of the cardholder, which may vary by jurisdiction and the date on which they obtained their card. Some product ratings and reviews may be obtained from customers with different versions of the product displayed above. Capital One does not guarantee the accuracy of cardholder posts and no review represents the opinion of Capital One or financial advice. Reviews must comply with our Terms and Conditions.
MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
In addition, we have a number of checkpoints to ensure your identity stays safe during the application process. If we're unable to confirm your identity during the application process, you'll need to go into a Canada Post outlet and provide further identification.