Right for you if:
- Your Credit Needs Improvement
- You've had credit troubles in the past – even bankruptcy
ANNUAL INTEREST RATE
- Balance Transfer
- Cash Advance
RATINGS & REVIEWS
Establish or repair your credit with a Guaranteed MasterCard from Capital One®.
- Guaranteed credit card approval, even if you’ve had credit problems in the past
- The opportunity to establish or repair your credit
- Based on your credit history, we may offer you a Secured card which requires security funds (between $75 and $300) – what are security funds?
- MasterCard benefits, including Zero Liability
- 24/7 customer service
We’ll approve you for a Gold or Secured card, based on your credit history. Either way, you’ll get the same rate and chance to improve your credit.
If you’re approved for a Gold MasterCard that means:
- Your card comes with Gold MasterCard benefits You don't need to provide security funds
If you're approved for a Secured MasterCard that means:
- Your card comes with Standard MasterCard benefits You’ll need to provide security funds through your bank’s online banking site or by cheque/money order (between $75 and $300 – we’ll tell you the amount after you’ve applied)
- You’ll get the same rate and annual fee as the Gold card
- Your security funds are fully refunded if you ever decide to close your account and your balance is paid in full
You’re guaranteed to be approved – as long as you:
- Are at least the age of majority in your province or territory of residence;
- Don’t have an existing Capital One account or a pending application for one;
- Haven’t applied for a Capital One account more than once in the last 30 days or had a Capital One account that was not in good standing in the last year; and
- Provide security funds, if you’re approved for a Secured MasterCard. What are security funds?
It takes credit to build credit.
Using a credit card responsibly can help you improve your credit history. Here’s how:
- As you use your credit card and make monthly payments, we report your payment history to the credit bureaus every month
- A consistent and on-time payment history helps establish and repair your credit history
Just make sure you make at least your minimum monthly payment on time each month. This will keep your account in good standing and help strengthen your credit history.
Want to learn more about credit?
We’ve got a handy site filled with useful tips to help you stay on top of your credit. Visit www.understanding-credit.ca to learn more about what you can do to build a better credit history … starting today!
Purchase Assurance, Extended Warranty, Car Rental Collision/Loss Damage Waiver and Baggage Delay insurance are underwritten by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida (ABIC), while Price Protection Service is a service provided by ABIC. Travel Accident insurance is underwritten by American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida. Details of the coverage, including definitions, benefits, limitations, and exclusions, are in the Certificate of Insurance provided with the card. Read the Certificate of Insurance then keep it in a safe place with your other valuable documents, and take it with you when you travel.
This forum is designed for Capital One cardholders to rate their experiences with products and services offered by Capital One and its affiliated companies. Products or service requirements, price, and features can depend on cardholder choices as well as the applicable laws and the specific product or service contracts of the cardholder, which may vary by jurisdiction and the date on which they obtained their card. Some product ratings and reviews may be obtained from customers with different versions of the product displayed above. Capital One does not guarantee the accuracy of cardholder posts and no review represents the opinion of Capital One or financial advice. Reviews must comply with our Terms and Conditions.
MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
In addition, we have a number of checkpoints to ensure your identity stays safe during the application process. If we're unable to confirm your identity during the application process, you'll need to go into a Canada Post outlet and provide further identification.